If you are like most people, you probably associate Purchase Rewards with your credit card, but did you know you can earn purchase rewards when you use your GECU checking account’s debit card? Even better news - it’s free and you are automatically enrolled, all you need to do is activate offers to get started.
What are Purchase Rewards?
Purchase Rewards allow you to earn cash back on your everyday purchases, for purchases you were going to be making anyways. Going out to dinner with friends? Earn cash back. Heading out to the movies? Earn cash back. Grocery shopping for the family? Earn cash back.
How does it work?
When you use your GECU debit card, you’ll automatically receive cash back simply by activating offers from Online Banking or our mobile app. The offers you receive will be unique to you and based on your spending habits. Offers can include the merchants and restaurants you visit frequently or their competitors. Then, any time you shop at that specified establishment using your GECU debit card, you will be rewarded.
How do you redeem your rewards? This may be the best part. Rewards are AUTOMATICALLY deposited into your account the month after you use the reward or meet the reward requirements. You don’t have to keep track of anything, sign anything, or jump through any hoops. Every month, you will receive that cash back into your account, just like an automatic rebate.
Ready to activate your offers?
- Log in to Online Banking or our mobile app.
- In Online Banking, Purchase Rewards will appear on the homepage when you log in, you will see it next to your account balances and transaction history.
- In our mobile app, Apple users click More, then Purchase Rewards; Android users tap the menu icon, then Purchase Rewards.
- Click the Purchase Rewards offer to view details and activate the offer.
- Shop at those retailers and earn cash back!
10% cash back when I go to Starbucks? Yes, please!
For more on purchase rewards, including a demo, visit: gecreditunion.com/purchase rewards.