The parent company of Chili’s Grill & Bar, Brinker International, Inc., announced on May 11th that up to 1,600 Chili’s restaurants may have been affected by a data breach. Due to a malware attack that swiped credit and debit card information, consumers who visited a Chili’s location between the months of March and April may have been affected.
At this time, the list of restaurants or magnitude of this breach has not been released. In response, Brinker International, Inc is working with a third-party forensic team to confirm the nature and scope of the incident.
Your account safety is a priority.
We will continue to share more on this incident. Whether or not you are impacted by this breach, malware and cyberattacks are becoming all too common in today’s world. It’s important to stay alert and on top of your accounts to minimize your risk.
As a reminder: We will never initiate a phone call, email, or text asking you to update, validate, or provide us with your card or personal information. If you receive anything that looks suspicious or detect unauthorized transactions on your account, contact us immediately by phone at: 513.243.4328/800.542.7093 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review these ways to help protect yourself:
- Set up and manage spending alerts in Online Banking
- Set alerts with the three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) to get notified of fraud on your accounts
- Reset your financial account login information regularly
- Review all account statements and credit reports diligently
- Watch out for fake emails or websites asking for personal information (phishing scams)
- Report any suspicious activity to us or your other financial institution(s) and IdentityTheft.gov
- Monitor your personal information and credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com
- Visit our Security Center for the latest in protecting yourself online.
- Malware Attack Swipes Payment Card Information at Chili’s Restaurants
- Chili’s Is the Latest Place to Be Hit with a Data Breach. Here’s What You Should Know